Birds should be dealt with immediately, as if they are left to grow comfortable in an area they begin to habituate, which only makes removal a longer, more arduous process. Having good hygiene practices in place is paramount in preventing bird activity, as is maintaining sufficient coverage of food product and waste.
Why should you take pest birds seriously? Here are 5 ways that birds can damage your business:
- Birds can cause major interior and exterior property damage, as well as create slip and trip hazards with unsightly droppings. Birds have been known to dislodge roof tiles, block guttering, build nests and leave behind matter that corrodes building materials
- They can be aggressive and may attack customers and employees, particularly during breeding season in Spring as they become confrontational to protect their young
- Birds often carry a range of other pests with them, including fleas, mites, ticks, lice and other biting insects that can easily spread diseases and pose a serious health risk
- Bird pests are well-known to play host to a range of diseases that can make you seriously ill, including Salmonella, Psittacosis, E.coli and fungal infections
- The appearance of one, or many of the above can have a grave impact on tarnishing brand image and reputation